Saturday, March 14, 2015

Combat boot or flip flop Christian??......

Been thinking, reading, studying, talking to God about the "shoes"...haven't gotten it all together, but I did come to the realization that we too often wear our flip flops to combat; when what we should have done was taken the time to strap our boots on so we would be ready for whatever comes at us. I love me some flip flops, but let's get real...flip flops are for the lazy! There's no prep...you just slip 'em on and go. Kind of like lazy Christians...no prep, no studying the Word, no prayer, no witnessing, no worship; just one quick "swoop" for an hour on Sunday morning and we're ready to face a week full of fiery darts and satan's minions. They're often the most "comfortable" and we are the most "content" with the flip flop, but does it serve it's purpose?  The shoe was made to protect the foot, so which protects it most: a flip flop that exposes everything or a combat boot that covers everything (kind of like the armor of God for the foot...lol). I feel more comfortable in my flip flops, but I sure wouldn't want to fight a battle in them! So is that the kind of Christian I want to be: a flip flop Christian- One who is lazy and flip flops back and forth on who I am as a child of God because I don't know enough about the Word, don't spend as much time talking to God, and telling others about Jesus, or a combat boot Christian- one who is laced up, strapped down, covered with the Word, and sitting on GO on the front lines of battle ready for whatever is waiting on my path to eternity. So, what shoe do you wear? Just a thought.....

No comments:

Post a Comment