Thursday, March 5, 2015

Proclaiming "I know my Redeemer lives"...

Just as with Job, in the depths of my agony, I KNOW MY REDEEMER LIVES! We’ve spoken about the many similarities of our family and Job’s. People approach my husband and me quite often and ask, “Do you feel as though Satan has approached God and asked to sift you as wheat?” In no way to we feel that we are righteous enough to be compared to Job…that’s a long shot. But sometimes, Yes…I do feel that way. Even if he has…and we are…there’s still a huge difference in Job and my family. You see, Job didn’t know there was a conversation that was taking place between his Creator and the fallen one, yet after all he had faced he still proclaimed “I know my Redeemer lives!” And so, here I sit, hindsight 20:20…having read Job and knowing the story twofold…can I, will I, stand chest to chest with the world and declare “I know my Redeemer lives” even after my circumstances? Because no matter how difficult this life becomes for us…all the cuts, scrapes, snags, briars, and bruises…God is still God…in all His splendor, Almighty and Glorious! And if we hold on to the One who is PROVING to the antagonist once again that WE ARE WHO HE SAYS WE ARE, we will find ourselves not only singing “I know my Redeemer lives” to the world, but we will be able to stand face to face with the adversary and say with a confident smirk “watch this…when He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold!”

No comments:

Post a Comment