Monday, March 2, 2015

Waiting on God Until....

I've been studying on "waiting on God"...which is horribly hard for me! When we don't have immediate possession of something (or someone) that is of great importance to us, we have days where we almost feel a panic, a sense of urgency to possess or grab hold of it (or them) just so we know that it's (or they are) there. You know, that comfort in knowing the "ahhh, there it is" feeling. But, why are you making me wait God? Why is it so important for me to continue to wait for this job, assignment, task, person? Can't You see how hard this is for me? Of course He does! Just like Joseph...who waited in a prison...not for days, or weeks, but YEARS! Waiting on God to answer him! Waiting for a rescue! And me??? I'm not in a prison! You aren’t in prison, but we may be infertile or inactive or in between jobs or in search of health, looking for that "task" or ministry that you know God has called you to. Wondering how long must I suffer? At some point, we've all known what it's like to be so sick but dread going to the doctor because we know the waiting room and wait time will be excruciating!!!!!! But we drag ourselves there, sign in, and begin "THE LONG DREADED WAIT!" The aggravation of hearing other people's names called before our own! Don't these nurses and doctor know how bad I feel? Can they not see the bags under my eyes from the lack of sleepless nights I've toiled with this? Are you in God’s waiting room? If so, there’s something you need to know: While you wait, God works! Jesus said "My Father is still working..." In John 5:17. GOD NEVER STOPS! He takes no vacations. He rested on the seventh day of creation but got back to work on the eighth and hasn’t stopped since. Just because we're idle, don’t assume God is! So we wait....we pray....we fast...we wait...we worship...we praise...we pray...we wait...UNTIL it's our time...God calls and it's now our turn! Joseph wasn't left in prison to be punished. We aren't left without an answer for punishment...sometimes we are there to grow, to become more prepared for whatever we've waited on, or maybe to just simply STAND STILL AND KNOW THAT HE IS GOD!!!! I don't know what you may be waiting on or what you've entered the throne room and asked from God, but I do know that His answer will be worth the wait! So I continue to my wait....I pray....I fast...I wait...I worship...I praise...I sing...and I wait.........until. And I pray you will, too! ~Many blessings and Much Love ~

No comments:

Post a Comment